Short Movie Script of Time Call

SCRIPT TITLE

TIMECALLS

By Saad Khan
Logline:
An Oldman calls himself in the past to make his future better.

Synopsis:
An office working old man in his late 50s gets a Calling Card by a young traveler which gets him to make calls to himself in the past to change his future for a better life.

SCENE 1: OUT,PARK,EVENING

The scene opens with Independence monument and we see people jogging on the road island and it is evening when people are coming back from work. We see a sad office working old man in his late 50s with his office bag and sits on the bench looking at people cheerful busy in their own lives and he thinks about his life and the choices he made when he was young wishing if he could go back in time and change. A young traveler walks by him and asks to sit on the bench.
Traveler: “Excuse me sir! Can I sit here”
Oldman: ”Yes please!”
The Traveler sits on the bench, and opens up his water bottle and drinks the water while the Oldman looks at him and wonders where is this guy from... so he asks.
Oldman: ”where are you from?”
Traveler: “Im from France!”
Oldman: “Are you working here or just travelling?”
Traveler: “Im a traveler, I just travel and have fun”
Oldman: “How many countries have you traveled”

The traveler tells the name of the country and counts them on his fingers
(MORE)
Traveler: “Just a few, Germany, Poland, Italy, Pakistan, India, China, Nepal, Thailand and Cambodia and im gonna travel and have fun for the rest of my life!”
Oldman: “Hey traveling is ok but son don’t just waste your life doing fun for the rest of your life, I wish I could tell this to younger myself so my life would be better…Im almost 60 and im still working at an office I wasted my life… I wish I could tell myself when I was a young man”
The Oldman with regret and sadness and a teardrop falling from his eyes says this again…

Oldman: “I wish I could tell myself when I was a young man”
Listening to this the Traveler takes out a calling card from his pocket which has TIMECALL written on it and gives to the Oldman.
Traveler: “I don’t know if this works or not but some old man gave me this in Nepal while I was traveling there. It was nice to meet you Sir, I gotta leave I have some people waiting for me, Bye!”
He gives the card to the Oldman and the traveler gets up and walks

SCENE 2: INT, DINNING ROOM, NIGHT
We see the Oldman in his home on the dining table on the seat drinking a cup of coffee. The room is small, he looks at the card and in curiosity & makes a call and the phone rings.
Oldman: “Hello! Hello!”

SCENE 3 : INT, DINNING ROOM, NIGHT
We see a calendar in the background which shows the year 1982 and an old phone ringing. We see a hand of a young guy in his 20s picks up the phone.
Youngman: “Hello! Who is this”
Oldman: “Im Sam… im calling from the future, who are you?”
Youngman smiles and laughs and replies
Youngman: “Im Sam too and Im from the past haha”
And drops the phone and nods as if someone had prank called.
Now we see a split scene in which they are shown opposite and when they agree they are face to face.
The phone rings again and the Oldman tells him about what only he knows which makes the young Sam realize this is real. We see a few jump cuts of phone calls and them talking laughing.

SCENE 4: INT, BEDROOM, MORNING
We see next morning the Oldman is waking up in a big bedroom of rich man’s house and sees his picture on the wall which is in his house with 2 girls next to him one on each side.

SCENE 5: INT, KTV, NIGHT
We see him dressed with gold chains in KTV with a lot of girls dancing and singing we see the girls don’t like him but in front of him smile at him.
Oldman is drinking and says to himself loudly and proudly and makes a call while drunk.
Oldman: “Im the BOSS of the World and Im lovin it!”

SCENE 6: INT, KTV / ROOM NIGHT
Young Sam picks the phone and is concerned and Nods his Head in No, But tries to convince with his hand on his forehead and we cut to Old Sam who says Do it, We cut back to young Sam who then Agrees, Takes a Deep Breath.

SCENE 7: INT, PRISON CELL, MORNING
We see the old man wake up but this time not in the rich bedroom but in a prison cell and in the police station we see his picture hanging on the wall as most wanted. The Oldman is in shock and asks the prison guard to make a call. He gets 1 call permission and he dials his number and says in a sad voice.
Oldman: “Hello???”

SCENE 8: INT, ROOM, MORNING
We see the Phone rings…

END


Short Movie Script of Time Call Short Movie Script of Time Call Reviewed by Unknown on October 12, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.